Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7: Slow PC, powershell.exe process running in background

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alex2K

Alex2K

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 AM

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

Hello,

This PC has been running slowly for some time.

Looking at taskmgr, shows a powershell.exe process running.

I can end it but it automatically starts itself on reboot.

It takes many left and right clicks on this computer to do anything.

I ran Malwarebytes and SuperAntiMalware. They found and cleared many infections but the problem remains.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Struppigel

Struppigel

Karsten Hahn, G DATA Malware Analyst

• Malware Response Team
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

Hello Alex2K.

My name is Marie Curie. You have been waiting quite some time to get help; I will take care of your malware problem from now on.
Considering that you already used a few automated tools to get rid of the malware without success, I kindly ask you to follow the instructions here.

Please open a new thread in Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and post the logs there (FRST.txt and Addition.txt as instructed by the Preparation Guide). We will proceed with malware removal in that new thread.

Marie Curie

Edited by Curie, 20 April 2016 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users