Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Only five can access internet at once

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hugeB

hugeB

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:07 PM

My ISP limited only 5 devices can connect to the router and access internet, the sixth and other devices can connect to the router but can’t access internet regardless to whether the one or more of the five devices have been disconnected or turned off, unless the router is rebooted.

When rebooted, all devices can connect and access internet on a “first come first serve” base but only five can succeed in accessing internet.

Is there any method to increase the number of devices which can access internet?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

Did you ever get your last problem resolved with your ISP ?

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 hugeB

hugeB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:52 AM

Did you ever get your last problem resolved with your ISP ?

No, I have followed up several times through their hotline, and even send them a screenshot of "tracert" and "ping".

My last problem still exists.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:58 AM

If the limit is a genuine rule imposed your ISP, it would be against the forum rules to discuss or give any advice with regard to circumventing this measure.

#5 hugeB

hugeB
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

If the limit is a genuine rule imposed your ISP, it would be against the forum rules to discuss or give any advice with regard to circumventing this measure.

You are correct.

I should think before post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users