Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Portable Disk 2.0 Usb Hard Drive Install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dalosty

dalosty

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:43 AM

ok i got this and i forgot to check for the cd cause i forgot i dont have windows xp. so i read the instructions and for 98 you need installation disk but i can remember where i got this from. so is there any program on the net that i can download the installation thing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Seth_z

Seth_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 01:55 AM

ok i got this and i forgot to check for the cd cause i forgot i dont have windows xp. so i read the instructions and for 98 you need installation disk but i can remember where i got this from. so is there any program on the net that i can download the installation thing?

You need to check the manufacture's web page to see if they have what you need on there. The web address should be on the box, or if you don't have the box look for the brand name of the hard drive (probably written across the top or side of the hard drive) and look it up online, see if they have what you need.

#3 dalosty

dalosty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:04 AM

nope i tried looking up what seems to be the name which is portable disk(only thing in big letters and bold type) and it comes up with random things about portable disks. ive tried every veriation of searches

#4 Seth_z

Seth_z

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 02:20 AM

nope i tried looking up what seems to be the name which is portable disk(only thing in big letters and bold type) and it comes up with random things about portable disks. ive tried every veriation of searches

Do you see anything else written on it anywhere? Even in little tiny print on the bottom, back, or anywhere else? Portable disk will by way to vauge like you said and will bring up useless stuff. Unless the company is called Portable disk :-| If you know someone with windows XP you might be able to bring it to their house and plug it in, if windows PnP finds it, it might tell you the name in a little bubble on the bottom right cornor of the screen (and also should be available in the device manager screen)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users