Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with overheating GPU &/or CPU

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SlavikRibz

SlavikRibz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:55 PM

Hello, I'm not that good with computer parts and specifications in general but I would like to know what kind of options I should be looking for to try and fix the overheating I get for multiple games such as: Black Ops 3, Black Desert and Dragon Age: Inquisition.

It seems to overheat a lot more when I have anti-aliasing on but when its off it runs better. I want to know what I may need to upgrade or look into in order to make my system more reliable and compatible with ultra settings on games.

This is my current setup:

MSI Gtx980TI Nvidia Graphics card 6gb

Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO Black Fan

Corsair 16GB 2x8GB CL11 Vengeance Pro DDR3 - Gold

Corsair Carbide Series 330R Titanium Mid-Tower ATX - Titanium

MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Intel LGA1150 ATX Motherboard

Corsair CX750 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU Quad Core 4GHZ Socket H3

Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0GB/s 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive x2

Samsung 2.5-Inch 250GB 850 EVO SSD

I will make sure to give more information later on today if nothing is clear from the computer components themselves as to what the problem may be through several screenshots of the system temperatures.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for giving this a look,

~Slavik

Edit:

I've been considering getting water cooling but I am unsure if that will fix things and if so which one I should be looking to buy.

Edit 2 - images of performance with games running at maximum settings using the software OpenHardwareMonitor:

Black Ops 3:
1jhyz3c.png

Black Desert:
vMsbLz0.png

Dragon Age - Inquisition:
tkkLWad.png

Edited by hamluis, 20 April 2016 - 01:57 PM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

Those are what I consider to be normal gaming temps, unless your GPU / CPU are throttling because of them. Watercooling won't help unless you are going to build a custom watercooling loop NZXT Kraken / Corsair Hydro series and similar are all hype.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 SlavikRibz

SlavikRibz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

Thank you for the reply, I'll give the custom watercooling a read through.

If they really are deemed safe temperatures then I won't worry too much about it but I do still want to improve it.

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

If the temps were truly unsafe, your PC would be turning itself off to protect itself. this is a bit outdated, but still worth a good read if you're interested in custom watercooling (the underlying principles are still the same).
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users