Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC being monitored? Fishy upload speed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Owen86

Owen86

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:58 AM

Based on comparing my upload speed between my computers, I think someone could possibly have the ability to monitor and hijack my PC. I have done internet speed tests from numerous websites on PC1(suspect), PC2, and PC1 in safe mode. I have tried switching ethernet cables between PC1 and PC2.

The result always seem to be:

PC1 - 50 mbps download, 10 mbps upload

PC2 - 50 mbps download, 50 mbps upload

PC1 in Safemode - 50 mbps download, 50 mbps upload, (Which made it even more suspicious to me)

I did not have any peer-to-peer applications running during the speed tests. Both PC1 and PC2 are connected to a gigabit switch, which connects to my router. I have windows 7 for my OS. Please help me figure out what's going on.

Edit: Nevermind this. Figured out that one of the default applications that came with my motherboard, Killer Network, was limiting my upload speed on all applications. Good to know! Please lock or delete this thread.

Edited by Owen86, 07 April 2016 - 12:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users