Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Geforce GTS 250 vs AMD R7240

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Noganeto1

Noganeto1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

So i've recently began scavenging for new hardware upgrades, and got to buy the heavy Asus NVIDIA Geforce GTS 250 with 1GB of memory. I am deciding on wether or not replacing my Sapphire AMD R7 240 1GB, because... i had a GTS 250 before, but EVGA and with only 512 MB. It ran all of my games decently (I am talking about 2010s games, i know it changed pretty much), but i sold it because i needed the money, so now i bought a new one that is technically better than the EVGA one i had.

My doubt is... is it an improvement? Now, i know what you're gonna tell me: "But the GTS 250 only has DX10 support and less pixel shader than the one you already have", so before answering, take in mind i already know those turn-downs, and i don't take them too sriously cuz i have my ways to run videogames who require DX11 and 12.

What do you guys think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

If your thought is that then i think you should for gtx 280. Also it contain dx10 and it is good then both of them.
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#3 Noganeto1

Noganeto1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:41 AM

GTS 250 is all i can afford as of right now. I am not a hardcore PC gamer either.

#4 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:48 AM

can you tell me the information of your graphic card.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#5 Noganeto1

Noganeto1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:49 AM

I already mentioned it, my current video card is an AMD R7 240 1GB, and the one i am considering to put on is a Geforce GTS 250 1GB

#6 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:52 AM

if that is the condition then go for gts 250 it is pretty good. What is the budget of it?
Be happy, always try
for it

#7 Noganeto1

Noganeto1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

It could be hard for you to understand it's cost, i am from Argentina and it costed me AR$ 830.

Edited by Noganeto1, 07 April 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#8 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:56 AM

no problem, so what is your computer spec? Processor, ram, hdd etc. Would you describe.
Be happy, always try
for it

#9 Noganeto1

Noganeto1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

Kinda gamer, but not so.

i3 3220 @ 3.3 Ghz

8GB of RAM, 1600 Mhz

WD 1TB HDD

Already mentioned AMD R7 240 1GB

Windows 10 64 bits.

I had the hunch that if i replace the R7 240 for the GTS 250 could improve in gaming.

#10 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:09 PM

Yeah my friend old graphic card was also msi geforce gts 250 1gb it perform better and according to your system spec it improve gaming but not latest games upto 2013 games with mid-low or mid-high setting maybe upto 2015
Be happy, always try
for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users