I downloaded a TV show and what would normally let me delete an mkv file by ending explorer, I can't. The file, for some reason, went into a Temp folder. When I tried to do the following, it did not work:
2. Cd Downloads
3. Del filename.mkv. Don’t hit enter
4. Cntrl Alt Del and right click on explorer.exe and click on “end process”
5. Go back to cmd window and hit enter
6. Go back to task manager and click on file on and type in “explorer.exe”
When i did these steps, it said that the access was denied and I still can't delete the file.
I tried to "hack" the Temp folder that it is in to give me access to it. To do this, I did the following steps:
1. Right clicked on the Appdata folder
2. Clicked properties
3. Clicked security
4. And clicked so that I could get full control
When I did these, I did the steps to delete the mkv file again in the temp folder and it still said "access denied". Can you please help me?
Edited by nicolebrady409, 07 April 2016 - 12:28 PM.