Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help installing drivers for Intel Wireless Network card

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:39 PM

Hi I have an older model Intel Wireless Network card that was recently discontinued and I don't have the installation CD for it. And I was wondering if anyone could help me? The model number is G57005-002.

Windows 7 64bit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

Is this card installed and running?

If it is you can download the Intel driver update utility which will search for your device and provide you with latest drivers.

Edited to add:  When I did a Google search for this card I didn't find anything for the model you have posted.

Edited by dc3, 07 April 2016 - 10:52 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 818 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:08 PM

Is this card installed and running?

If it is you can download the Intel driver update utility which will search for your device and provide you with latest drivers.

Edited to add:  When I did a Google search for this card I didn't find anything for the model you have posted.

Yes the card is installed and running. But doesn't the Intel Driver Update Utility require an internet connection to run?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

Open Device Manager. The card will either have a yellow exclamation mark next to it under network adapters or will be listed.

Right click > Properties > Details.  Select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and Post the first line. 

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

Yes the card is installed and running. But doesn't the Intel Driver Update Utility require an internet connection to run?

You posted that the card is installed and running.  But you obviously have a problem getting online.  Have you tried connecting to either the modem or router with a Ethernet cable to see if the card works?

If it turns out that the wifi card is no longer working you can buy a wifi USB 2 adapter for $10.00 + .75 tax, shipping is free.  This adapter is normally $20.00.  You will find this at Newegg.

Edited by dc3, 08 April 2016 - 09:27 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 818 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 10:23 PM

I found my receipt for my Wireless Network Card its a Centrino Advanced N 6205. And my friend helped install the correct drivers for it. https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005634.html I forgot the exact driver he downloaded but its working now. :)

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,280 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

Glad to hear you got it working. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users