Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to recieve or compose mail yahoo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 smilezrcool

smilezrcool

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:19 PM

Reactivated my yahoo email account.  I cannot receive or send emails.  I ran quick fix tool from yahoo.  It says problems with filters.  When I hover over the gear icon,  I do not have the settings option.  When I log into my yahoo account I get the message  Welcome Back!  Continue reactivating your account by contacting customer care.  Where do I contact customer care.   I have tried the yahoo phone number and it tells me to go to help.yahoo.com, which I do but no option to contact customer care.  Anyone have any advice?  Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

If you want help, you have to first know what kind of help you want.
You haven't even describe your situation exactly, how do someone can help you?
You may have problem with account, with computer, with outdated or damaged software etc.
At first try to give clear overview, what exactly is happened and why You do not want to use yahoo support?

Edited by kaljukass, 06 April 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#3 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:08 PM

See if either of these links are of any help: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/helpcentral

and https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=home&locale=en_US#href

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#4 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

Thanks saw101.  Tried both links and previously tried yesterday.  My problem is after reactivating the yahoo account it says to contact yahoo customer care.  That is what I am unable to do.  I cannot contact them by email,  forum or telephone. 

#5 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

kaljukass  thanks for the reply.  my problem is how do I contact yahoo support.  I cannot do it by email, no valid email address for yahoo support.  cannot do it by telephone, no valid phone number that is not a scam.  and there is no contact forum to contact yahoo support.  My problem is I reactivated my yahoo email account.  When I click on mail that is when I get the message.  Welcome Back!  Continue reactivating your account by contacting customer care.  I have another yahoo email account which I am able to access so I do not think it is a problem with my computer or software.  I am running windows 7.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:52 AM

If you want help, you have to first know what kind of help you want.
You haven't even describe your situation exactly, how do someone can help you?
You may have problem with account, with computer, with outdated or damaged software etc.
At first try to give clear overview, what exactly is happened and why You do not want to use yahoo support?

FIrst post, which gave details of the issue. There is nothing in the post that indicates "do not want to use yahoo support".

What was said is having problems contacting Yahoo support.

The issue has nothing to do "with computer, with outdated or damaged software".

It's strictly a YAHOO issue.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,444 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:56 PM

I know this will not help with the problem but your chances of contacting a person at yahoo customer service is slim and none unless you are a business customer. 

You may get somebody on facebook or twitter. I dumped both my yahoo email accounts and went to Gmail. It wasn't easy but I feel I am better off doing it. Now that yahoo is trying to sell off it's core businesses I doubt things will be getting any better.

http://www.wikihow.com/Contact-Yahoo

Yahoo customer support can no longer be reached directly by telephone or email, unless you are a Small Business customer. Most common questions can be answered by the product help center or the Yahoo users in help community. Your best chance at a personal response from a Yahoo representative is sending a message to the Twitter or Facebook page, but don't expect an immediate reply.

#8 smilezrcool

smilezrcool
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:28 PM

I ran the Yahoo Mail Quick Fix Tool Results

Dear Yahoo! user,

We didn't detect any system issues.

That said, we did find email filters and/or blocked email addresses -- both require investigation from you. Are you not sure how to review and change your email filters and blocked email addresses? See our articles on email filters and blocked email addresses for help.

Are you still missing or have you lost an email? This problem can usually be explained due to an email filter not working quite as expected. To recover missing or lost email messages, you can make a request to for us to attempt to restore all messages received in the last 7 days. To proceed, read through the details and follow the instructions regarding recovering lost or deleted emails.

Best

Yahoo! Mail Quick Fix Tool.

I cannot access the mail settings from the gear icon.  That option is not listed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users