Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Too Many Unwanted Drivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 peteranko

peteranko

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 PM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hi,

I have found my pc is working way overtime playing this one game. However it wasn't doing it when I started. 

Had someone from Microsoft help me with a windows 10 issue and in the process he found there were a heap of unwanted drivers. He said they shouldn't be there if you didn't install them. Said there may be some malware of virus putting them in.

Wondering is there something that can be done to find out if this is slowing my pc down on this game or is there something else in there that shouldn't be there. 

:bowdown:  :busy:

Anko

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

Can you please post them.

Windows 10 installing mostly all of the necessary drivers.

About malware you better start topic here.

Many thanks,

Andy

#3 peteranko

peteranko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:11 PM

Hi Andy,

Wasn't sure where to go so have posted it where you sent me.

Heading is:

PC is slowed not sure why

Anko

#4 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:13 PM

If the computer performance do not change after the Malware guys help you post here we could troubleshoot different stuff to resolve your problem :) 

#5 peteranko

peteranko
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

Ok,

Thank you Andy.

We will see how we go. 

Anko

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:29 PM

For general information a problem like this should be started in the 'Am I infected ?' section of BC, not the 'Virus, trojan, etc. logs section since the OP has no logs !

I have moved the new topic to 'Am I infected?' and I hope you get a quick and satisfactory response. Since two topics open on the same problem in different sections leads to nothing but confusion, I am closing this one. But rest assured, if you still have a problem after your computer is clear of any possible malware you will be most welcome to start another topic back here in Win 10 if you are still having problems.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users