Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard App

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ep2002

ep2002

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

I installed 2 keyboard apps at one point & the first one was garbage, but the 2nd I fell in love with.

I went to go see the name of it & I can't figure out how to tell what keyboard app my Note 3 is using.

I searched for "keyboard" under settings, but that didn't tell me anything.

Can someone tell me.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:56 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

What version of Android is your Note 3 on currently. I'm going to guess you're still on Jellybean? But asking just to be sure. That will help us get you to identify your different keyboards.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Hi,

It doesn't say Jellybean. It says Android Version 4.4.2 & I thought that was the latest version since I checked a month or so ago.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

Okay version 4.4.2 is KitKat. Your device was initially shipped with the previous iteration of OS known as Jellybean. Which is versions 4.1 through 4.31. That is why I made an assumption of Jellybean. You can see the OS naming conventions in the list here.

In KitKat your keyboards are listed under Language & Input.

As seen in the illustrations at this page

You should be able to locate the keyboard identifier that you want to get rid of that way.

Then go into your apps and uninstall it.

Let me know how it goes.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 ep2002

ep2002
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 342 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

No I didn't want to uninstall it, just find out the name of it, as it's THE best keyboard app I've ever come across. It's like it can read my mind LOL

Thanks a ton :)

Have a lovely day.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,840 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

The best predictive keyboard app in my opinion is Swiftkey That might be it. There are others but not quite as good in my opinion.

I misunderstood and was thinking, you wanted to keep the good one and uninstall the 'garbage' one.

Were you able to identify the keyboard yet?

The above directions in my earlier reply should still identify the good keyboard for you.

There is another way to find it. But takes a bit of searching in google play, if you want to try that. I can explain it further.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users