Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browsers not working after executing malware bytes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 3jacks

3jacks

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:49 AM

hi

I am new to this forum.I would like to first give u the stage at which i am in

My browsers stopped working after executing malwarebytes.But my skype works and when i ping in the command prompt with numerical addresses it works.

tried reinstalling the browsers

I used flush/dns

netsh ip int reset

alos ran the farbar scanner tool

I have now run the sfc /scannow and veridfied it completely.

But still nothing works

What could be work.....Please someone could help me out

thanking you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:55 AM

Hi and :welcome: to bleeping computer forums. :)
Please do the below for me:

MiniToolbox by Farbar

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (MTB.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.
  • Make sure all checkboxes are checked!
  • Press the "Scan" button.
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 06 April 2016 - 08:57 AM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 3jacks

3jacks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

Thank you for the response CV.

I have run the mini tool box and the farbar service scanner and the txt are uploaded. But the

status is still the same.

Awaiting ur help

thanking you.

Attached File  MTB.txt   45.12KB   2 downloadsAttached File  FSS.txt   2.47KB   1 downloads

#4 3jacks

3jacks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:22 PM

hi

I am new to this forum.

My browsers stopped working after executing malwarebytes

.But my skype works and when i ping in the command prompt with numerical addresses it works.

tried reinstalling the browsers

I used flush/dns

netsh ip int reset

also tried  the farbar service scanner 

I have now run the sfc /scannow and verified it completely.

But still nothing works

Please could someone help me out

thanking you

#5 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:17 AM

Hi,

It looks like your Kaspersky Firewall has some corrupted rules.

Let us check if Disabling firewall do the trick.

The following programs are out of date - kindly update to latest:

TeamViewer 
8Adobe Flash Player 12
Adobe Reader X

Please uninstall the below programs from the control panel as they are not necessary as well as have free and legit alternative:

Driver Pro v3.1
Driver Restore

My browsers stopped working after executing malwarebytes

.But my skype works and when i ping in the command prompt with numerical addresses it works.

If you are unable to open browser windows, there might be some problem to be looked into.

Please update on how it goes after uninatalling the above mentioned programs and disabling Kaspersky Firewall on the suspect PC.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#6 3jacks

3jacks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:41 AM

hi.....

i have done the above mention protection disable of kaspersky and the other softwares were uninstalled . But still the browsers dont load any pages. the diagnosis that appeared was the something wrong withe the wireless adapter or the access point. But its the wireless network and all the other devices laptops phone everything just works fine.

When i tried google.com on firefox it says server not found

and on ie it displays page cant be displayed.

nothing much i guess everything is still the same....... :lmao:

Is there anything else i can try........

Edited by 3jacks, 07 April 2016 - 09:43 AM.

#7 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2016 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for the update, 3jacks.

I would like to see what had Malwarebytes removed from your computer before we go forward.

How to get logs:
(Export log to save as txt)

• Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  • Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
  • Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. << IMPORTANT
  • Click 'Export'.
  • Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
  • In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
  • In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
  • A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
  • Click Ok
  • Attach/copy paste that saved log to your next reply.

Please open a command prompt and run the following command and let me know the result:

nslookup microsoft.com

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 08 April 2016 - 11:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users