Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

this should be the right forum i hope?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnyjohn

johnyjohn

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:53 AM

last week i had a problem with windows 10 so went back to 7 got all the downloads and drivers so i thought i will try windows 10 again so clicked download windows 10 and it started to download but the download is different to the last time .The last time it told you what it was doing but this time it just spins in the middle any idea how long this takes thanks if you can help it has been spinning for one hour? i am using the wives laptop to put this message thanks. johnyjohn

Edited by hamluis, 06 April 2016 - 08:20 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Win 10 Support - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:58 AM

Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and download the Media Creation Tool.  Run it and let it do a clean install.  This part can take up to an hour, then it'll reboot 2 or 3 times.  The whole process takes about an hour for me.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:15 AM

thank you johnyjohn

#4 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter