Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

P17.dll, P17 Helper Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ZephiriS

ZephiriS

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

I read about this startup DLL on this page already. Other pages do say that this is either a threat or a virus. Since I am not sure wether this file a just a POSSIBLE infectable file or a threat, I supposed asking would be better before removing it. And besides, after booting an errormsg occurs for just that p17.dll. It says that an entry p17 helper is missing. How can I fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZephiriS

ZephiriS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:18 PM

Besides, I already read about it in several forums. There are problems like that and "solving" them through disabling it in the startup isnt really the way problems are being fixed. Its just a workaround to get rid of the popup.

EDIT: ... bah wrong button. I double posted instead of full editing.

Edited by ZephiriS, 03 August 2006 - 07:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users