Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound only from 1 speaker

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 julian89

julian89

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:21 AM

Just put together my new computer, and quickly found out that only the left speaker puts out (somewhat noisy) sound. What's curious is that when the speakers are connected to another device they work fine. Also, when using a headset the sound from the computer works fine also. I am using the jack connection on the motherbord.

What I've tried:

Installing new realtek drivers

Checking connections and rebooting

System:

Motherbord: ASRock X99 Extreme3 LGA2011-3 ATX

RAM: KINGSTON HyperX Predator DDR4 2666MHz 

Processor: INTEL Core i7-5930K 6-kjerner 3,5GHz LGA2011-3

Speakers: Logitech Z623 2.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:16 AM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:38 PM

"I am using the jack connection on the motherboard" If what that means is that you are using the green jack on the back of the PC, the systemboard is defective and needs to be replaced (unless it is out of warranty and you have the skill to desolder and replace the jack assembly)
If it is the front panel jack connected to the system board by a wire, that is bad.
You can try pulling almost all of the cotton off of a Q-Tip, getting it wet with WD-40 or contact cleaner, and using it to clean the jack assembly; but, that only tends to be effective if the jack is old and has picked up a bunch of dirt.
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users