Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

product key

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 johnyjohn

johnyjohn

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:10 AM

Hi how many times can i use microsoft windows 7 product key i have looked it up and they all say different times so can some tell me for shore ?. say like how many times you have used it thanks if you can help .johnyjohn 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:18 AM

Depends on the license and other variables, each key comes with a use limit built in. On my licensing server most keys have either 30 or 50 uses.

If that installation limit is reached you can always just call MS via phone and get them to approve the installation (via a series of incredibly long codes) and you'll be all good to go again.

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:30 AM

ONCE -

It is on the bottom of an issued computer, or it comes with a new copy of an Install DVD.

Now read this blog.. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/what-microsoft-wont-tell-you-about-windows-7-licensing/1514

The subject pops up at times, when some say OK, and others say NO Way -

Read up on it, and take your chances ...............................

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:34 AM

That's an OEM license, there are many types of licenses. Even then it has a use limit on that same machine before it throws an error.

#5 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:12 AM

thank you for your help johnyjohn

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,238 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:36 AM

You're welcome.

:busy:

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:25 AM

There are basically four types of Windows 7 licenses.

Volume or Client license.  The number of activations depends on the agreement you make with Microsoft.

Retail license.  This type can only be used on one computer at any given time.  

Retail Upgrade license.  This is a reduced price upgrade from one Windows operating system to the next operating system.  Ex:  Windows 7 to Windows 8.1.

OEM.  This type it tied to the motherboard of the computer and can only be used on that one computer and only one time. 

Edited by dc3, 05 April 2016 - 09:25 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 johnyjohn

johnyjohn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:54 PM

thank you mine is a oem license and will only used on my computer . Thanks once again johnyjohn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users