Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Keep up the good work Bleeping Computer!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emeraldisle

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:57 PM

At one time I had a serious issue with adware and malware on 2 home computers and while searching online for a solution, I stumbled upon this website. I was initially wary of  downloading any products that could help me remove these infections but after carefully reading user comments on this forum and elsewhere on the internet, I decided to take the plunge and 1 year later, I am still free from infection. To me, the downloads available are transparent in what the products can do, offering both positive and negative reviews, I have never been pressured into selecting or purchasing any one product. I have always chosen a product based on free will. Not only did I use the Bleeping Computer downloads but also followed the threads pertaining to my problem on the website's forum to get a clear understanding on how to resolve the problems that I was dealing with. I carefully followed the interaction between the Bleeping Computer techs and the end users and I have always found that the information that techs give out, to be clear, fair and informative. Fortunately for me that was enough for me to clean up my computers. I was so impressed by this website that I have recommended this site to friends and family. After reading about the impending lawsuit facing Bleeping Computer, I was impelled to join today to offer my support and respect to the wonderful team at Bleeping Computer. The computer technicians who volunteer their services on this website can only be commended. Unfortunately I am not in a financial position to donate (but if I could I definitely would!!) and I sincerely hope that this suit will soon be resolved.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:45 AM

Thank you for the kind words about Bleeping Computer AND the support regarding the lawsuit. We do understand that while many would like to donate to the legal defense fund they may not be in a financial position to do so.

We do have many volunteers who strive to help others resolve computer issued.

Some are indeed techs who are "in the business".

Others are not, never have been. We have helpers from all walks of life.

We are self-taught, with no particular area of expertise. Others do have areas they are good in.

As for me, I refer to myself as a self-taught grandma.

If you can contribute anything to help someone solve an issue, please do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users