Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Export Edge Bookmarks

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:37 PM

Does anyone know if MS plans to add this capability? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:30 PM

Try this,dont know about upcoming generic export capability but this looks like it,ll work.

http://www.emmet-gray.com/Articles/EdgeManage.html

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:34 PM

No one seems to know if/when that functionality will be added. Seems odd it wasn't added back in November.

However I keep running across a utility created by someone that's gotten good comments regarding it being a worthy workaround.

I do not have personal experience with the utility. But I see it mentioned quite a few places on the web with very positive comments.

Use at your own risk.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

I do not have personal experience with the utility. But I see it mentioned quite a few places on the web with very positive comments.

Use at your own risk.

Its perfectly safe,Wolverine has ascertained that it uses only the finest ingredients and is full of natural goodness.:-)

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:54 PM

Thank You Wolverine! But is it fat-free??? I'm still trying to get rid of my 'winter coat'  :wink:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 201 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:54 AM

Try this,dont know about upcoming generic export capability but this looks like it,ll work.

Thanks. Yes, I had read that article but I do not use 3rd party applications like this because I do not have enough computer know-how to assess them. Sounds like you are quite confident.

#7 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

Thank You Wolverine! But is it fat-free??? I'm still trying to get rid of my 'winter coat'

Ok just a minute,ill fetch the prickly slicker brush. :) (Whatever that is,god the things we do to animals)...you,d need a long lie down in your basket after that i should think.

Thanks. Yes, I had read that article but I do not use 3rd party applications like this because I do not have enough computer know-how to assess them. Sounds like you are quite confident.

Yes like Animal ive seen the app mentioned a fair bit,the developer has a good site,a high level of programing knowledge and the sites malware free according to virus total,so i think i would probably try it.

Your perfectly correct to be cautious about what you install on your computer (i am also) but in this case I think i would be confident to install and  see if it meets your needs'

If you decide to try the program (or before making any changes to your system, you should always make a system restore point.

Full instructions here if you need.

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4571-system-restore-point-create-windows-10-a.html

You should also backup your registry - If you dont have it,Tweaking.coms Windows Repair All in One will make an exelent registry backup,just install the program,open it and press the "registry backup button".This is a tried and tested program,so also safe to run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

That way if you dont like the progran or in the unlikely event of problems,you can put everything back the way it was.

Anyway good luck,whatever you decide.If you choose to install,just take your time,make a registry backup first and all should be well.

Edited by Wolverine 7, 05 April 2016 - 01:33 PM.

#8 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:54 PM

Personally I use Firefox, Chrome, and IE.  They don't have these problems, and I can install Adblock Plus with then too.  YMMV.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#9 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:28 PM

and I can install Adblock Plus with then too.

I love Adblock Plus,anytime i do an install or reinstall a browser i think.uugh..id forgotten how awefull the net lookes without it.

#10 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

I personally use chrome only for adblock but the original one =) 

Unfortunately all of the big companies trying to destroy it ( no idea why)

#11 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

That would be the advertising issue id be thinking..any reason you like the originaland not the plus?

Edited by Wolverine 7, 06 April 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#12 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

That would be the advertising issue id be thinking..any reason you like the originaland not the plus?

I know the person who created and after that adblock plus steal his idea...
Is more kind of personal than something else :) 

#13 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

I know the person who created and after that adblock plus steal his idea...
Is more kind of personal than something else :)

Mmm actually when i set up my last few systems i was too much in a hurry to care what kind of Adblocker i was using as long as i was

using one..come to think of it the original was better cos it blocked everything..some research suggests  mr A and company arent actually such cool individualls..money,money..think ill try the original again..

Wonder how many of us notice..

Adblock,AdBlock,Adblock plus etc.

#14 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

No many people unfortunately :) 

#15 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

Oh well,every ones busy or asleep go figure..stay loose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users