Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with Bluetooth requested

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 clayto

clayto

• Members
  • 472 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

My Bluetooth service has stopped. The device, a speaker, is detected but pairing does not complete after endless scanning. Bluetooth is reported as requiring further installation. How do I do that? Driver update is greyed out.

Can someone help with this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 472 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

I have got Bluetooth working OK now.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:35 AM

How'd you fix it?  It'll help others who come looking for help with similar problems.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

While waiting for Clayto's response, I'll just comment that when this happens to me, I power my speaker off/on, press the pairing button on it, then go to Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth, and pair.  That usually works for me.  My speaker system is an Energy BTS 2.1, made by Klipsch.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#5 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 472 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:44 AM

I only fixed it for a while. I just repeated the standard pairing / connecting again and it worked but only a couple of days. I have a bit more info to add. I tried updating all the Blutooth drivers but they were reported as the best available. I saw that the checkbox for 'Blutooth will be allowed to find the PC' kept becoming unchecked, and that 'Bluetooth devices will see this PC' had a yellow triangle against it. I also tried connecting my Windows phone to the speaker, which worked fine, so it seems to be an issue with the PC.

#6 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 472 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:39 AM

Bluetooh is still not working with my speakers. But it is working (a bit unstable) with a new mouse. .  I have now tried connecting my two speakers to my Lumia phone via Bluetooth and found they work OK --- so it is clear the fault lies with my PC, which will pair with them and usually not connect, or if it does (ocassionally)  the sound still comes from the PC.

The Bluetooth drivers which are from Microsoft and dated 2006 (as are many drivers on this machine) are declared as up-to-date. So what is there now left to do? The speakers did work with the PC until a few weeks ago. 

#7 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:07 PM

You could do a System Restore to a point prior to the beginning of the problem, assuming System Restore has been turned on.  It's off by default in Windows 10.

Good luck.

#8 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 472 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

System Restore is on but I I only have a recent point, I dont have a point going back before the Bluetooth issue started.

#9 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 472 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:52 PM

There is a new Bluetooth problem, in addition to the fact that the BT mouse has now stopped working. There appears to be a new procedure, presumably introduced by the recent update and affecting my Lumia phone. The phone is detected but when trying to pair there is a popup which I have not seen before. It asks if a code it displays matches one on the phone. It does, every time, but when I click 'yes' the popup says the code is not right and to pair the phone again. I have tried about 20 times with the same result. The update seems to have added another fault to the dodgy Bluethooth service.

#10 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:32 PM

You could always disable the built-in Bluetooth and get a USB Bluetooth adapter.  They aren't expensive, around $10 or so.  It's either that or take the computer to the shop and pay a whole lot more.  

Good luck.

#11 clayto

clayto
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 472 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:49 AM

I have now bought a USB Bluetooth dongle (Cambridge Silicon Radio) as suggested. It is not working. It shows up with a yellow triangle and report 'This device cannot start' Code 10. The Bluetooth service continues to be unsatisfactory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users