Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exchange and Outlook (Web App) Configuration

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sylenthunter96

Sylenthunter96

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

Having issues logging into Outlook Web App we are using our administrator credentials and it is telling us that we have entered an incorrect username and password. Please help point me towards what configuration options I should look at or how to start trouble shooting this. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sylenthunter96

Sylenthunter96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:27 PM

Bump

#3 Sylenthunter96

Sylenthunter96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

Bump (Important) 

#4 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:54 PM

So how have you configured the exchange, open the management console on the exchange server and does it connect to the Domain controller?

Goto Server config, click on mailbox and then OWA and make sure you have username only ticked (If this is how you want to authenticate) on the Authentication tab and point to the auth domain.

Edited by JohnnyJammer, 04 April 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:36 PM

Have you completed the domain setup? Or are you still using username@domain.onmicrosoft.com?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Sylenthunter96

Sylenthunter96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:45 AM

Thanks for the help I am in the process of totally reinstalling server and exchange if i have any more questions I will be sure to post and update my situation. 

#7 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,242 posts
  •  

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:02 AM

Depending on how your admin accounts are set up, does the administrator account even have a mailbox? OWA can't be used to access Office 365 or Exchange servers; it's used for browser-based access to mailboxes. For admin access in Office 365 you'd need to go to portal.microsoftonline.com; for Exchange, you'd either have to RDP or set up a remote PowerShell session.

#8 Sylenthunter96

Sylenthunter96
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2016 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for the advice, we solved the problem. It was a dns issue, we had the mx records made wrong and this was not allowing us to send emails for receive. 

#9 ServerTech

ServerTech

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 08 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

Depending on how your admin accounts are set up, does the administrator account even have a mailbox? OWA can't be used to access Office 365 or Exchange servers; it's used for browser-based access to mailboxes. For admin access in Office 365 you'd need to go to portal.microsoftonline.com; for Exchange, you'd either have to RDP or set up a remote PowerShell session.

If it's Exchange '13 or '16, you can also do this in a web browser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users