Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can a Windows 8/10 tablet be downgraded to Windows 7?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:53 PM

Basically, I'm looking for a portable way of bringing Windows 7 and my programs around, aside from lugging a laptop around, or using TeamViewer on my phone. In my opinon, the Windows 8/10 interface is clunky and confusing to use compared to Windows 7, and using Windows 7 may slightly increase the tablet's performance. I'm thinking of getting one of these.

I'm fairly new to tablets, but I assume that since it has no optical drive, that I'd have to use an external USB optical drive and boot from that. The main question is: can that even be done? Do most tablets allow booting from external devices? Do they even have accessible BIOS menus?

Edited by hamluis, 05 April 2016 - 07:43 AM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardwware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:55 PM

i have a dell venue 8 pro (same tablet different screen size) yes it haves  accesible bios, but what i recommend is getting http://www.ebay.com/itm/iPazzport-Bluetooth-Keyboard-with-Multi-touch-Touchpad-for-IOS-Android-Windows-/141573373837?hash=item20f66e3f8d:g:liEAAOSwZjJU3NFk this, because trust me its hard using a tablet with windows 7 on it, then deactivate tablet mode and done

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#3 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

Windows 7 is not designed for modern touch tablets, uses more CPU and memory, does not support connected standby (as Windows 8 does today on the 5130 model), and doesn't have the API support for UI scaling that Windows 8 does.

Don't even think about it if your not sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users