Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Erratic mouse opens/closes programs automatically

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ELA310

ELA310

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

I have a lenovo U310 touchscreen laptop running Windows 10 (maybe 10.1, whichever is most recent) 64 bit. For the past 2-3 weeks I have had issues with my cursor suddenly seeming "possessed." It will dart around the screen, opening and closing programs, opening dozens of browser windows, clicking on features within programs (e.g., creating new folders, changing fonts via drop down boxes.) It moves so rapidly, I can barely see it, and it makes "touch circles" (those impressions you see when you touch the screen) pop up all over too. It overrides key commands (I think by clicking on other things so quickly) so I've haf to do a hard shut down because I can't even navigate via key or mouse to select to shut down or restart.

Note that this occurs whether I use the trackpad or an external mouse connected via USB. Most often, it seems to occur if I let the computer idle; I'll step away from my desk for a few minutes, and come back to what looks like a computer version of a seizure.

So far I have tried:

* Updating and running Windows Defender, in regular and safe mode. It found nothing. (I have run it repeatedly on the past few weeks.)
*Updating my mouse/touchpad drivers (Windows says they're up to date.)
*Running malwarebytes in regular mode (repeatedly, it found nothing)
* Running rkill, and then malwarebytes in regular mode (nothing)
* I tried running malwarebytes in safe mode today and it had the "seizure" - the clicking seems random, but it succeeded in deselecting the scan repeatedly, so I shut down my computer.

The problem has increased in frequency over time, at first happening every 6-7 days, and in the past few hours, constantly.

Any suggestions regarding what this is and how to handle it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users