Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backup Exec 2010 Problem On Server 2008 R2 Server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

For the last few weeks, our backup exec 2010 have been having some problems backing up on the Friday rotation. I am trying to determine whether the tape is bad or something wrong with the backups.

What is happening is we have two backup jobs schedule a week. Our Exchange backup and our file data drive backup.

On Friday, what normally takes 1 hour for exchange to fully backup before going to the file data drive backup. All of this is backed up to a 1.4TB tape drive.

However our Friday backup takes over 65+ hours to backup exchange, causing the File data drive backup to fail since it can't run the job during the allocated time.

We are using TDK Ultrium tape drives.

The exchange backup does finish but not until almost a few days later while all the other exchange backups on the other tapes (we recycle each tape once a week, so Monday tape drive is overwritten with next Monday tape drive) are fine and finish in a hour for exchange and a few hours for files.

Backup exec shows no errors for that single tape.

Attach is the tape drive properties in backup exec and a screenshot of a failed job.

NaThef9.jpg4mvQfcI.jpg

Edited by MasterNe0, 04 April 2016 - 09:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 10 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

When I worked for a Houston-based company as a NetPerson/Backup-Restore nooby, I learned one of the backup scripts created by one of the programmers was no longer working as planned, no longer working as before.  Have you sat in on a run, viewing the backup script as it rolls across the screen?  Programmer fixed the script, I never learned what s/he did to fix the problem.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users