Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Media Is Playing As Different Than Specified

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brundel

brundel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:27 PM

i am receiving an error when trying to open many of my media files with windows media player 10. the error is:
“windows media player cannot play the file. The player might no support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file”. these files i cannot open
there are some that i can open, but when I try to open some files they will play a different file: for example, I will open an audiobook and one of music files will start to play.
Im asking for audio/video help, but in actuality I have pdf’s that give me the same error about not able to recognize extension, possibly due to decompression method.
Any one familiar with any of this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brentthing

brentthing

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

I know it probably not
but
are you trying to play files with the extension .m4a