Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Instant pc shutoff

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andres8521

Andres8521

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:06 PM

When I plug in the power cord to my pc the cooling fans will turn on ,pcu cooling fan will turn on, and it starts to turn on but instantly after 3-5 seconds it'll shutdown, I realized I didn't have the sata data cables plugged in,Can not having the data sata cables plugged in to your hard drive and mother board cause it to shut off or would it just be a faulty motherboard? (this is my first time building my own pc so incredibly new to this but have done a good amount of research)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:13 AM

Generally not, the system should perform the POST test then check for a bootable device. If it doesn't find one it will show a boot error on the screen. If the system is not staying on its likely not passing the POST test. Make sure you have all the power connectors connected to the motherboard including the 4/6 pin cpu connector. Make sure your RAM is installed in the correct slots and seated firmly.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users