Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DX Ball not running properly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wleow

wleow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:54 PM

Hi everyone, I have a simple problem:

So I just downloaded DX Ball for a new laptop. The game ran perfectly in very old computers (or least they are old for me), but for some reason it doesn't run properly here. This laptop is a Toshiba, touch screen, 8 gb of RAM, 64 bit, Intel Core i7, 128 mb of video memory. 

The point is, it has no reason for it to run slowly (well it slows A LOT down when any explosion appears on screen). There aren't any DX Ball forums open, so that's why I've come here. I tried running the game on the best performance set on my laptop, set on Windows XP, 7, 10, and all gave the same results.

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

wleow

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:11 PM

Im not really a gamer but games are sposed to run really well on 10,although some things wont run well or at all,for example,i like the Orbitor space Simulator which runs ok on 7 but wont run at all on 10.

Obviously you could check Graphics card/drivers etc,should,nt be a problem on a new computer.

Check whatever Antivirus your running isnt interfering?

couple of threads here with stuff you can look through till someone more knowledgable chips in.(Note second thread - I just bought a new PC and my games are running slowly on it)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/games-are-so-choppy-and-ridiculously-slow-after/9306bdf7-b85d-40ba-bbff-eebb464b31ed?auth=1

http://ccm.net/faq/18-my-games-are-running-slowly-on-a-decent-pc-what-s-wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users