Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows XP BSOD every startup (except in VGA Mode)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:27 PM

Every time I boot up Windows XP, I get a BSOD following the Windows XP logo that repeats and repeats until I get fed up and hammer f8 and tell it to boot into Low VGA mode. Windows boots successfully in Low VGA Mode but no other. If I up the display resolution even by a tiny bit or up the color past 8 bit, Windows will BSOD. The BSOD details disappear too quickly for me to see the problem or error message. And Windows will keep BSODing every start up after logo until I tell it to manually go into Low VGA mode again. Even if I were to manually shut down the computer, when I restart the computer, it will do that same BSODing after every logo. I assume that Windows automatically upped my resolution to the recommended but at this point, I cannot use recommended.

Event Viewer shows only this error

Error code 100000ea, parameter1 86904da0, parameter2 86902228, parameter3 f7ac6cb4, parameter4 00000001.

Which got no hits on both DuckDuckGo and Google

minidump file has been uploaded  I am unable to upload a minidump, Every time I try, I get the following error on this website: "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

Edited by Sylveon Fetish, 03 April 2016 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sylveon Fetish

Sylveon Fetish
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:03 PM

Can I please get help on this?

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2016 - 09:41 PM

Hi. . .

All that I could possibly recommend here is to either update or roll back your video drivers; swap out your video card for another -- and that's assuming that video is definitely involved here. It could be a problem/failure with another piece of hardware, such as the mobo.

Typically, these days, >>99% of XP BSODs are related to unknown hardware failure as you're dealing with an unsupported OS + unsupported drivers.

BSOD kernel dump files are incapable of telling us the exact piece of hardware that has failed. Dump files + debuggers (i.e., Windbg) are only useful to locate and track down software coding issues - not hardware issues. 

For info. . .

Sylveon Fetish, on 03 Apr 2016 - 4:27 PM, said:

Error code 100000ea, parameter1 86904da0, parameter2 86902228, parameter3 f7ac6cb4, parameter4 00000001.

Which got no hits on both DuckDuckGo and Google

You would not get any hits on any search engine because the numbers within the parenthesis (P1-P4) are memory addresses. The combination of P1 through P4 would very likely be unique to each system.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Edited by jcgriff2, 09 April 2016 - 09:53 PM.

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users