Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carolinagirlsoto

carolinagirlsoto

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:31 PM

Hey everyone! This is my first post on this forum. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. I have a Dell Computer, with Windows XP installed. I recently had a virus ... and it was cleared out of my computer. In that process, it removed part of a prgram called new.net ... BAD, it has made it so my computer will not log on to the internet at all. Can anyone help me ... help me make sure everything that is supposed to be working, is working, and how to I fix this?! I am very appreciative of any help offered! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gaytan

Gaytan

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:36 PM

Hi There,

Download the zip file, run the program and guess internet connection will be up and running again.

http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Good luck!

Grtz
:thumbsup:

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:51 PM

Newdotnet must be removed in a very specific way or it will break your internet connection by causing what is called a winsock2 file corruption. By downloading lspfix from the link provided in the post above, unzipping it, running it, and rebooting, you should be back on line!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users