Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win10 blue screen error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lucifer29

Lucifer29

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:16 AM

Hello guys, newbie here.. I own a Lenovo z50-75 laptop FX-7500, R7-M260DX. Today i got a blue screen error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. After that, i went safe mode in device manager and noticed warnings on:

1. Generic PnP Monitor

2. Lenovo Primary iM Controller

I have tried updating these drivers but it says that they are up to date. Re-installing them was also not a choice, since i didn't find any of these drivers on the Internet or in the manufacturer's website. Since I don't know what these drivers are for and what to do about this issue, I would be thankful if someone here could help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:34 PM

Hi,

Please run the BSOD Posting Instructions - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

You should be able to find the drivers you are seeking at the Lenovo support site.  Do you have a link for the support site page specific to your system?

Are there yellow or red flags next to these items in Device Manager? I'm not following what the exact problem is as you say that Windows said the drivers are current + you tried to update them on your own. So... is Device Manager saying the drivers are actually missing or. . .? (This is what I do not understand).

Using Device Manager's auto-function to find driver updates will always tell you that they are up to date. The drivers must be installed manually.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 Lucifer29

Lucifer29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 PM

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

Sorry for the long wait, my harddisk got burned and I didn't have my laptop for some time :P The problem I get when I safe boot in device manager is the one showing in the attached image. Also, when I restart my laptop, I get the window showed in the other image, and my screen flashes black for about 10 seconds and then its all fine until the next time I restart it. In addition to that, today when it happened all usb ports and the ethernet port were not working at all...

13243917_1080178322020925_5694983810197213240652_1080178318687592_42266310944144

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users