Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bricked Windows Tablet. Help?!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnG79

JohnG79

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:15 AM

Hi there,

I flashed the ROM via my tablet's EFI shell with BIOS for a different model, and now it doesn't turn on!

I would love some help, and would consider a donation for pointers in a useful direction.

Here are some specs:

• Name: 'Pendopad 10.1"'... probably the same as the nextbook and linx... Are these "Chuwi"? 
• Intel Baytrail-T(Quad-core) Processor Z3735F
• 32GB Flash 
• 2GB RAM
• mini HDMI
• micro USB
• USB
• SD Card slot

When I hold pwr and vol- down together for about 15 seconds, the light goes green and stays on until I press the pwr button. Is this some sort of fastboot mode?

Do I need to prepare an SD card?

Is there software I can use to connect? every tool and technique I've read about is for android. 

Thank you soo much in advance.

John.

Edited by hamluis, 03 April 2016 - 10:08 AM.
Moved from Windows Tablet to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:12 PM

I'm sorry, I suspect you just corrupted the bios withc is what controls every component, without no pc would work, in short, you have replace the motherboard or better replace the whole tablet, there's no way out of this error

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,883 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:38 AM

Well...I think I'd wait for more than one opinion...before acting on such a suggestion/analysis.

Louis

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,018 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 11:29 AM

I think your best bet would be to contact Pendo's support site and ask if there is a way to reflash your BIOS outside of Windows and if firmware is available. There is a youtube video showing how it is done but I believe this was for an Android device.

http://www.pendo.com.au/contacts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users