Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what is mean by sli?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LiamP5

LiamP5

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:07 AM

can anyone tell me what is mean by sli. I have nvidia geforce graphic card and i want to my graphic card description by looking on everest. But when i look at gpu it shows nvidia sli-disabled. What does it mean how to enable it?
To achieve something first try
to get the knowledge about it.
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rqt

rqt

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:53 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Link_Interface

(putting "sli" into google got me this)

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:51 AM

You cant enable it , if you only have One Gpu.

SLI slots - if you have 2 on the Motherboard , you can have 2 GPUs installed to handle intensive Graphics .

Or > What is SLI ? 

NVIDIA SLI  allows you to scale graphics performance by combining multiple NVIDIA graphics solutions in a single system.

What is Nvidia Hybrid SLI?
NVIDIA's Hybrid SLI technology gives users the ability to pair an IGP, or mGPU (motherboard GPU), with a discreet graphics card, or cards, for two new modes of operation. NVIDIA calls these new modes Hybrid Power and GeForce Boost.
GeForce Boost does what its name suggests. By coupling the motherboard's integrated GPU with a discreet graphics card, the 3D rendering workload is shared between the two GPUs for a boost in performance. Currently, GeForce Boost is only supported by GeForce 8400 GS and 8500 GT discreet cards, as for the IGP, only the next-gen nForce 700a series of chipsets due to arrive this quarter will be supported initially.

What is CrossFire ?
CrossFire is a high-performance PC Gaming Platform technology that enables multiple ATI Radeon graphics cards and a CrossFire-ready motherboard in a single computer to increase graphics quality and performance.

What is CrossFireX(Quad CrossFire)?
CrossFireX is, quite simply, an extension of the CrossFire dual-GPU feature to three and four GPUs.

#4 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:31 AM

Then does it mean that crossfire is more good than sli. If its came true then i have waste money by selling amd card and buying nvidia card. In amd card crossfire was enabled. Did i do mistake?
Be happy, always try
for it
.......................Lets do it and learn from bleepingcomputer.com Never feel alone

#5 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 AM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:54 PM

Nope, nvidia and amd are the same, crossfire and nvidia sli are basically the same, if you want a sli enabled gpu try the gtx980 ti

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#6 LiamP5

LiamP5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

no friend i have gtx titan x. And when i installed windows 10 from windows 7 all problems are solved and nows its very good also i am happy that it can run many games. My old graphic card was amd radeon r9 280x which was sold. Thanks.
Be happy, always try
for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users