Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU - New gpu Insane DPC Latency

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KuLee

KuLee

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:24 PM

GPU : Palit GTX 660 OC Version 2GB DDR5

CPU : Intel 2 Quad 9550

PSU : Corsair VS650 - 650W Single +12V 54 amps

MOBO: P5KPL100

SSD: Crucial MX200

WINDOWS 7x64

Note : The problem occurs only with the new gpu i installed when i switch back to my 9500gt the problem is solved

Note 2 : Even using gtx660 without its driver is working without any DPC latency so the problem occurs only when i install its driver

Note 3 : Using Latencymon i found out that the drivers that producing the DPC Latency are nvidia drivers nvlddmkm.sys and dxgkrnl.sys

Straight to the point, i installed a new GPU GTX 660 to my computer and i am having insane DPC latency like horrible audio quality with cracking pops clicking sounds, like mouse lag especially when using mouse wheel the pc sounds like its gonna crash

The weird part is when i open GTA V ( A very modern game with very hight system requirements ) i run it with pretty good performance and FPS
Same goes for 3D Mark benchmarks and Stresses

I mostly notice the DPC problems in Youtube 1080p videos and in casual pc usage rather in gaming
In gaming i mostly notice fps drops and the weird part its that when an FPS drop is taking place at the same time the GPU Usage drops thats weird right?
it would make more sense that fps drop + higher gpu usage rather than lower gpu usage

I contacted nvidia they could not help me they only asked me to do some tests to the gpu to see if its defective Like stability tests benchmarks etc. which all worked 
then they asked me to try the gpu in another pc which i dont have one so the communication with them stops there

Things i tried :
Older driver versions, reinstallation of the drivers etc.
Windows reinstall
Bios settings

Google image to show you how my dpc looks like when i am watching a youtube video :

14nz983.jpg

Edited by KuLee, 02 April 2016 - 09:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KuLee

KuLee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

Could somone help me out? im really frustrated when nvidia live chat did not help me ( altho it was a girl copy pasting me basic troubleshooting tips )

#3 KuLee

KuLee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:26 AM

i expected atleast 1 reply from these forums ...

#4 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:07 PM

Sorry for being late, borrow a friends computer and try the gpu with it
Probably defective card

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#5 KuLee

KuLee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

Sorry for being late, borrow a friends computer and try the gpu with it
Probably defective card

Thats what nvidia staff suggested me to do but i cant find a pc to do that im gonna try tomorow and let you know thanks for your reply

#6 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

if it fails then why not return it with the warranty?

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#7 KuLee

KuLee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

if it fails then why not return it with the warranty?

wasn't able to go to my friend today we will do it tomorrow yes if it fails i could replace it with warranty but if it will work and the gpu is ok then what im doing? my mobo is pci 1.0 and gpu 3.0 maybe my mobo is the problem? (if the gpu works on friend)

#8 xer 21

xer 21

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

PCIe is backwards compatible.  I dont know off hand if the PCIe1 inteface would bottleneck the card you have, but it will still work. 

but yeah, i mena, the mobo might be not up to snuff, always possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users