Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

change of window view

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lermanuel

Lermanuel

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:51 PM

Suddenly I find that if I have open Windows files, folders, wordpad, etc, my browser tabs at top are obscured. In order to see the tabs I must always minimize or reduce size of other windows,  Very inconvenient, costs time.  I don't know whether I inadvertently changed something, or the style has been changed by Windows.  How can I fix this? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:16 PM

Hello Lermanuel

Is there a chance that you (or someone else) played with the "F" keys at the top ?

On most keyboards the F12 key (F10 or F11 on others) expands your desktop image to beyond your "normal" size. Next if they are not the answer >>

>> Now go to Start > Control Panel > Display, and from there adjust the Screen size to suit what you want.

Do these help at all ??

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#3 Lermanuel

Lermanuel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 PM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:11 AM

Thanks.  In the mean time I restarted my computer and things seem normal now.  I should remember that this is often the solution.  Yes, it is possible I hit some button unintentionally.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users