Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Moving metals prices. How is it done when you want to buy?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aussie Shiraz

Aussie Shiraz

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:08 PM

Greetings everyone!

Hope you are all well.  I have a problem which I would like assistance with.  Does anyone know the answer?

I am currently in the process of wanting to create a metals website using Opencart.   The problem I have is that the price of the metals changes.  For example. gold at 12:00 noon may not not be the same price as gold at 3:00 PM.

Someone comes to the website and wants to buy but by the time they arrive, browse and then decide what they want the price updates before they proceed to the checkout.

My question:

How is it done?

Is it a script. API, plugin?   It can be done because this is how the other sites do it.  I have asked in the opencart forums but they are so far blank.

Can anyone please elighten me? 

Thank you

Jake Shiraz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smsec

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:06 PM

I'm not familiar with Opencart or metals pricing but this could be done by querying an API from a service like this one:

http://www.xignite.com/product/gold-metal. Looks like you'd need a subscription to use their service.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users