Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headphones makes internet slower

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Aramus

Aramus

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

Hello,

For a while, whenever I connect my wireless headphones using Bluetooth to my Windows 10 laptop, the internet goes a lot slower for an unknown reason. Please help me solve this problem.

Thanks, Aramus

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:49 PM

These might give you some ideas,i dont use Bluetooth devices on my computers but it seems to be a matter of playing with your routers settings,or if nothing works maybe try non bluetooth wireless headphones.

http://forums.connectedly.com/sony-smartwatch-2-f64/slow-internet-when-bluetooth-1391/

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/300714-slow-wifi-after-clean-4-3-install.html?_ga=1.136216376.881629598.1459813051

#3 Aramus

Aramus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:08 PM

Hello,

For a while, whenever I connect my wireless headphones using Bluetooth to my Windows 10 laptop, the internet goes a lot slower for an unknown reason. Please help me solve this problem.

Thanks, Aramus

These might give you some ideas,i dont use Bluetooth devices on my computers but it seems to be a matter of playing with your routers settings,or if nothing works maybe try non bluetooth wireless headphones.

http://forums.connectedly.com/sony-smartwatch-2-f64/slow-internet-when-bluetooth-1391/

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/300714-slow-wifi-after-clean-4-3-install.html?_ga=1.136216376.881629598.1459813051

Thanks for the reply but I don't have a Sony Smartwatch or a Google Lexus. I am currently using a Windows 10 laptop. But thanks for trying to help me.

Aramus  :thumbup2:

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:41 PM

Oh right,not up on bluetooth at all,thought there might be transferable issues...unless you can play with the settings on your router,you might have to live with it or use non wireless headphones i guess.

#5 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:25 PM

Some of the Wireless HeadPhones working on 2.4ghz and this is crashing the Wifi signal =).

Check if you can change the frequency on the headset otherwise you can change the channel on your router.

Use channel 11 so you can avoid further wifi interference.

I hope this will resolve your problems.

Andy

#6 Aramus

Aramus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

There is no difference when I change the channel to 11 in the router settings, the audio is the same and the speed too. Thanks for attempting to help me.

Aramus

#7 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

Try on channel 7 as well.

In case this occur again get rid of the headset =) 

I amend the 11 because is on high frequencies 2.462 GHZ - I was hoping will be good enough. 7 is using 2.442GHZ its bit lower but still really stable.

In case both failing that mean the head set using way to high transmitter and will noise the rest :)

Edited by Bulgaristan, 06 April 2016 - 04:45 PM.

#8 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

In case both failing that mean the head set using way to high transmitter and will noise the rest :)

So what to do in that caase then?get lower frequency headset or move to non wireless.

#9 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:36 AM

Wikipedia defines Bluetooth as “a proprietary open wireless technology standard for exchanging data over short distances”. Which basically means it’s a wireless transmitter and receiver. Bluetooth uses the microwave frequency spectrum in the range of 2.4 GHz to 2.4835 GHz, the same as your microwave oven. That means the frequency of electromagnetic fields or EMFs should sound an alarm.

Some vendors abuse this frequency for larger coverage but this is definitely unhealthy.

Most people just ignore such facts without realize this will harm them.

Which mean you need be extremely careful when choosing Bluetooth head set especially ;)  

In this case I can confirm this headphones working over 2.5 GHZ as manage to noise the 11 channel maximum frequencies power.

But this this is personal choice :) 

#10 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

Yes,not ssuprised at all,never got a good feeling about blutooth devices,same issue as the Mobile phone microwave frequency.

I mean that frequency basically fries you and makes holes in your brain...Everywhere now,wireless dongles even..

I limit people in my apartment to only so much time on smartphones and such..much too their annoyance,we have wifi aso cos cable its harder to get cable.Like you say,personal choice.

So back to the topic,can Aramus get an appropriate (hopefully non harmfull) frequency to work with wireless,or do you think hes better to move to non wireless?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users