Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm struggling with basic stuff.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 techphobe

techphobe

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:49 AM

Hello.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/233/windows-crashes-bsod-and-hangs-help-and-support/

My Windows 7 PC freezes just after it has loaded. I guess the forum above is the best place for that but in the posting instructions I don't understand points 3 & 4 (unfortunately my name's not a joke).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Maybe it's easier than it sounds? Also I can only get into safe mode on my PC, so even if I could work out how to do it can they be carried out in safe mode? I'm a bit scared of doing anything at the moment as I'm worried my HD is about to die, it's about 8 years old.

Would it be OK if I just put the info I am able to provide without doing those things or would that make it likely to be ignored or annoy people?  Maybe I should just have posted all this there but I don't want to get off on the wrong foot (I know, too late for that). Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 10:02 AM

Please start a new topic in the BSOD board.
Provide specifics about your issue(s), including what you said above about safe mode and your hard drive.

Mention that you read the posting instructions and do not understand points 3 & 4.

Someone will explain it to you and walk you through the process.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 02 April 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#3 techphobe

techphobe
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for your patience.  :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users