Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Display Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Moathais

Moathais

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:02 PM

My monitor is a 19 inch CRT KDS VisualSensations and for some reason in the past few weeks it has started to flicker a little and I'm not sure how to tell if it's the monitor or the video card. Sometimes the whole screen goes black and I have to restart...then it's fine of course. I'm hoping it's not the card but are there any tests I can perform to test the functionality of the monitor? I already ran "dxdiag" to test my card and all the tests were fine. I'm going to update my chipset and my video drivers this weekend...What is the probability that the drivers may fix the problem? It also has always made a wierd noise whenever it's been off a while and I turn it on, but it's done this since I bought it a few years ago.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 05:17 PM

Well it's a CRT, so it's relatively older. Think maybe the Grey tubes going downhill?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:59 PM

The quick way would be to trade your monitor with one that is known to be good, and see if it repeats the problem. You could also try pulling the card and insert it and remove it a couple of times to clean the contacts, this is a old phone company fix, but if it is a connectivity issue it works.

Are there any other issues, picture quality, color around the edges?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users