Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Issue - Constant popup - User agent issue?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iUser

iUser

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:14 PM

Typing this super quick. As I'm sure, the stupid popup will appear again. When trying to access any websites, a message comes up. It isn't an error message or the "unresponsive script" message. It is different. It has lots of code on it. Probably the url of what it's trying to access. This would normally happen in the background, and the user shouldn't see it.

I googled part of the message, and it mentioned something about a user agent...whatever that is. I just want the message(s) to stop popping up! Any help is much appreciated.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

6sdff4.jpg

20jivbs.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:02 PM

User agent info is identifying information about your browser, system, and region plus a unique identifier that your browser sends to websites it visits. I would try resetting your browser if you don't have settings you are worried about losing by doing that.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:40 AM

The first thing I'd try would be to clear the browser cache.  You didn't say what browser you're using, but I saw Mozilla mentioned in that example, so I'll give you a way to clear the cache with Firefox.  Go to Tools (press the Alt button if you don't have the menu bar showing) -> Options -> Privacy -> and check the box that says "clear history when Firefox closes".  Close and restart Firefox.  You can uncheck that box after restarting.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users