Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Upgrade Eureka Crash Report Anti Beacon Comodo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 nevans07

nevans07

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:59 PM

Dear Bleeping Computer Staff,

Hi. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything was going fine until I installed Comodo and Anti Beacon. I really don't want Microsoft rummaging through my data for advertisers. I now constantly get Eureka 7.2 crash report every 2 seconds. Emsisoft no longer scans automatically after start up like it used to. That's my scheduled scan. Please help. I really appreciate your help. 

Thank you for what you do.

Best Regards,
Nathaniel Evans

EurekaLog 7.2.6.17 RC 1 crash report

Access violation at address 00007FFFA075729B in module 'ntdll.dll'.
Read of address 000000000000030
ExceptionLog7.Init (Location: (000000000{ntdll.dll  }003729B)
[00007FFFA075729B] ntdll.RtlVirtualUnwind + $1DB)

(report generated by EDebugInfo,debugInfoInitDoneErrorHandler)
Press Ctrl + C to copy report to clipboard

I uninstalled Comodo. And when I uninstalled Comodo-  Voila! No more Eureka Crash Reports. Emsisoft scans as scheduled. Now I know what was causing the crash report. Help! Only problem is I need my Comodo. I did not have this problem with Windows 7. I reinstalled Comodo. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks again!!!

Best Regards,
Nate Evans

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:35 AM

It seems you solved the crash issue in your other topic...here.

...I uninstalled Comodo. And when I uninstalled Comodo- Voila! No more Eureka Crash Reports. Emsisoft scans as scheduled. Now I know what was causing the crash report....[/color]

Since it is related to Comodo, have you contacted and asked Comodo Support?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:55 AM

Yes I have contacted Comodo support. No answer. I was told to repost here to get the answer from my previous moderator.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:31 PM

Who was your previous Moderator?

#5 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:33 AM

"If that doesn't work for you, then posting in the Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software Forum is probably your best bet. The experts there would know of any conflicts between the security applications that you are running and how to resolve them. Also you could consider visiting the Comodo Forums here to see if there are any reports of issues there.

If you don't need anything further in terms of malware log analysis, I will ask a moderator to close this thread.

It has been my pleasure assisting you. Thank you for choosing Bleeping Computer to help you with your computer issues."

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:28 AM

That was a quote from garioch7 (Phil), a Malware Study Hall Senior who was helping you in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum...the link I provided above.

You also received assistance from usasma, a BSOD Kernel Dump Expert in this topic who advised...

FWIW - I have seen a lot of Comodo problems in the past.
Try reinstalling a fresh copy of Comodo if you must have it - but no guarantees as to it not causing problems.

I do not know what more we can do for you since this is an issue with Comodo. If know one else here as any suggestions, your best bet is to keep asking at the Comodo forum, wait for an answer from their Support techs or replace it with another program.

#7 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:38 PM

I'm shocked no one who upgraded to Windows 10 and uses Anti Beacon to protect their privacy and has Comodo has solved this problem. I say shocked bc BleepingComputer is my gold standard. I've seen the techs here solve almost literally everything under the sun. Anyway, I thank for responding and your time.

Regards,
Nate Evans

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

We have a large membership but not everyone has opted to upgrade to Windows 10. In fact, many are opposed to that OS for a variety of reasons and have chosen to stay with Windows 7 or Windows 8. Many of our members use ESET, Emisoft or Kaspersky as paid for solutions. A great deal more use Bitdefender, Sophos Home, avast or AVG as free alternatives while others are satisfied with Windows 8/10 Defender. I'm sure there are some Comodo users but the combination you have selected is not common here on Bleeping Computer.

While Spybot Anti-Beacon is simple, free and easy to use...these are the drawbacks (limitations) provided by various reviews of the product so there are very few who use it.

Spybot Anti-Beacon Review by PC Advisor

Spybot Anti-Beacon is very easy to use, but provides no explanation of what it's doing, and doesn't allow you to disable/ enable most settings individually. For experts only.

Spybot Anti-Beacon Review by Betanews

Unfortunately...there's no detail on what you're disabling, and no way to toggle individual settings: it's strictly all or nothing. The only detailed control you get is under the "Optional" tab, where youre able to tweak any or all of four features: Web Search Group Policy, Cortana Group Policy, OneDrive Service and Remote Registry Service.

Spybot Anti-Beacon Review by the WindowsClub

The tool unfortunately does not give you the option to select the feature/s that you may want to disable.

Spybot Anti-Beacon Review by Softpedia

...there is still room for improvement to meet the users' requirements. At the moment, there are competitor applications that do more. For instance, it would be great to have the application disable the access of apps to wireless connections, block localization access and services, disable the automatic Windows updates or the feedback reminders.

#9 nevans07

nevans07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:31 PM

Quietman7 you are the man! Thank you for taking the time for responding to my question. I'm screwed. I'm rocking w Win 10 bc I saw ransomware that totally trashed systems that didn't have Win 10 and Comodo installed. If you care to- check out cruelsister1 on youtube. She really helped me reconfigure my security settings. Just my humble opinion. Thanks again for following up.

Thanks again
-Nate Evans

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,768 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:35 PM

You're welcome.