Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rome total war problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nail

nail

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:51 PM

hi im having trouble hoasting games in rome total war when i click host it says cannot host cos of a firewall but i am able to join games but i really want to host my firewall is sygate i got it from www.sygate.com could any one help me on this topic i really want to host.

Ps anybody who wants a game of rome total war u make the games then i will join them but soon as i get this gay problem fixed with me not be able to host il host the games then u can join but to then i will have to join instead host :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2004 - 01:53 AM

First, gay is not properly used. Fix this.

Second, I think you have to use a mediatory site, rather than hosting it yourself.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 nail

nail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:15 AM

hi john thanks for ya reply but my friend can host perfectly im pretty sure its my firewall (sygate firewall)

ps any body want a game of rome total war just leave ya msn address if u have a acount then we can chat and play rome total war thx

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2004 - 07:02 PM

You could test that theory by temporarily shutting off Sygate and seeing if you can connect to your hosting friend. I have done that on occasion when playing Empire Earth.
I would love a game of RTW, but I just got Everquest II and you know how it is when you get a new game.......
Cheers,
John

#5 nail

nail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:20 AM

i dont want to connect to a hosting friend i want to host my self

kk have fun on ya new game but if u ever want a game plz tell me cheers

#6 rlnolanjr

rlnolanjr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:15 AM

You should check your firewall to see if it is blocking the ports used by Rome: Total War, and then configure it to allow those ports through.

#7 nail

nail
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:31 AM

hi i manage to get round the problem of a router and i can host perfectly now and when my friend joins the game lobby he can see my game but can not get in for some reason and says a message failed to connect to host y is this

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:38 PM

What is the EXACT message he gets? Are you using a third-party service to play? If the latter, check their support section, or FAQ for some help.
Regards,
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users