Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound distortion, high CPU use

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 zacharycat

zacharycat

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

Older Dell Vostro laptop, Vista. Works OK but sound is distorted on youtube and other sound effetcs and Task manager shows very high CPU use (at or near 100 usually). Ran ccCleaner, and malwarebytes (removed about 150 threats) with some improvement but not full functionality. Also running AVG free anti-virus, Google chrome browser. Any suggestions?

Edited by zacharycat, 01 April 2016 - 08:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zacharycat

zacharycat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:19 PM

Task manager shows 8 chrome.exe are open with 3 using over 100,000 K memory. is this normal?

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,240 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:11 AM

Task manager shows 8 chrome.exe are open with 3 using over 100,000 K memory. is this normal?

This is normal as every tab opened or extension running in Chrome has it's own process. If you had over 100 threats removed you may want to start a thread in the Am I Infected Forum or the Virus Removal Forum. There may be something still on the system.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

New topic posted in Am I Infected. This one is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users