Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Possible absense from the forum for awhile

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

I want to thank everyone trying to help me, I will try all of your advice as best I can,

Recent developements with my health I may not feel up to posting very often.

On top of my other problems on the 12th it was confirmed I had a fast growing cancer.  This morning I was informed the cancer dr. wants me to start on Chemotherapy next Monday.  If I respond to chemo as most of the other people I know who went thru it.

I am probably not going to feel like doing much of anything. LOL never mind the mule just load the wagon.

I was also informed I was not a good candidate for receiving chemo intravenously. My veins tend to blow so now they are talking about surgicaly installing a [portal] but will not say how long I may be on chemo.

To add insult to injury lol my short term memory loss is getting worse. Early onset of dementia/Alzheimer.

I made this a new post because I could not remember which post people had asked about my health.

Just thought I should let yall know and say thanks again.

I apologize to the mods I know this is not computer related stuff but I did not want the members who have helped me think I had just abandoned the forum and their help. Thank you.

Edited by dannyboy950, 01 April 2016 - 08:02 PM.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,081 posts
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:16 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope everything turns out for the best.

#3 Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

Danny, I'm sorry to hear about your health issues.
Take care of YOURSELF. YOU and your health take precedence over the forum.

If you feel like checking in here, do so. If not, we understand.

No need to apologize for posting-I'm glad you did so we would not wonder what happened to you if you suddenly dropped out of sight.

#4 NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,013 posts
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:27 PM

Hi Danny.

Sorry to hear that, Hope you pop in from time to time and say hi.

#5 pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:22 PM

We'll be looking forward to your posts as soon as you feel better!

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

#6 Gary R

Gary R

MRU Admin

• Malware Response Team
  • 704 posts
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:42 AM

Sorry to hear your bad news Danny.

Take care of yourself, and hope you're soon feeling better. All our best wishes are with you.

#7 Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:04 AM

You are right dannyboy950.  There are more important things than computers and this forum.  I hope you pull through.  Good luck. :thumbup2:

#8 sikntired

• Members
  • 921 posts
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:36 AM

As a 'Linux-newbie', I've followed your posts with interest and have received numerous answers to my questions because of them and the helpfulness of this forum.

Sincerely hope that your health issues have a positive resolution.

Good Luck

#9 Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,633 posts
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

Good luck mate....hang in there....keep giving cheek to anyone and everyone...

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

#10 wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:25 AM

Summarise all of the above, and add to it the best wishes of Elaine and me.

It is a joy working with you, and we have every hope that that continues.

PM follows

Chris Turner

:wizardball: Wizardfromoz

#11 cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,953 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:46 AM

dannyboy950, having gone though this ordeal with three family members, while I've never felt it, have seen the results of cancer treatment, and can most certainly cause loss of energy, among other side effects your oncology physician(s) & team has discussed with you. 

I wish you the best of luck and a timely recovery. A couple of things that's important, is first, no matter how you feel, keep your head high & maintain a positive attitude, this can go a long ways in determining the outcome of your treatment regime. Secondly, though the medicine(s) will cause many to eat less, do your best to eat foods that you like. Ice cream, if you like it, is loaded with calories & help you retain weight. It's critical to try & not lose no more weight than possible. 

You're in my prayers when I hit the sack in just a bit. :heart:

We'll be here when you return. :)

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users