Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lsass.exe - Access Denied a process has requested access to an object but

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drkdvinity

drkdvinity

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

I have Windows XP and have been getting tons of junk mail. I ran Avast, malware bytes &spybot. Nothing found. So I started looking through the Dell help on my computer. I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be and while trying to fix the issue myself I did something that I shouldn't have. First, I tried to go back to a later date but it wouldn't let me no mater which date I tried. Then,I followed a suggestion regarding the registries. HUGE mistake! Now my computer is stuck in a boot loop. I obviously need to repopulate my hives but have no idea how. When the computer starts the Windows XP logo pops up. Then a box appears saying leads.exe access denied. Process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. When I click OK the DELL LOGO comes up & then the process repeats itself. I can't start in safe mode, Can't start in last known good configuration. So, I tried ordering some disks that I thought may be able to help while I've been reading through threads for information. I don't have any of the original software for this cop, I purchased it used a few years ago. But, I purchased a Knoppix 7.6.1., system rescue from same CO, & 2 CDs off eBay Windows XP 64 bit & 32 bit. Don't know how to use any of them though. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 drkdvinity

drkdvinity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:14 PM

Stupid autocorrect, grrr. The box that pops up says, lsass.exe Access Denied. I'm using my tablet.

#3 drkdvinity

drkdvinity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468908/xp-not-booting-up-lsassexe-system-error/

Hello, I have a similar problem.

I have Windows XP and have been getting tons of junk mail. I ran Avast, malware bytes &spybot. Nothing found. So I started looking through the Dell help on my computer. I'm not as savvy as I'd like to be and while trying to fix the issue myself I did something that I shouldn't have. First, I tried to go back to a later date but it wouldn't let me no mater which date I tried.

Then,I followed a suggestion regarding the registries. HUGE mistake! Now my computer is stuck in a boot loop. I obviously need to repopulate my hives but have no idea how. When the computer starts the Windows XP logo pops up. Then a box appears saying leads.exe access denied. Process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights. When I click OK the DELL LOGO comes up & then the process repeats itself. I can't start in safe mode, Can't start in last known good configuration.

So, I tried ordering some disks that I thought may be able to help while I've been reading through threads for information. I don't have any of the original software for this cop, I purchased it used a few years ago. But, I purchased a Knoppix 7.6.1., system rescue from same CO, & 2 CDs off eBay Windows XP 64 bit & 32 bit. Don't know how to use any of them though.

Please help!

Edited by hamluis, 05 April 2016 - 03:17 PM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:44 PM

Note: Tap F8 at boot and select Use Last Known Good Configuration. Does the computer boot normally? If not do the following

See this post to try and recover any registry Hives. Hirens CD can also be used. It a little easier to navigate vs Puppy linux. Download the iso and burn it to disk. At he initial menu screen select MiniXP. 

Here is a video showing Hirens using MiniXP.

Edited by JohnC_21, 05 April 2016 - 01:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users