Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 working slower after clean install?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NeonCandy

NeonCandy

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:49 AM

Heya!

So i upgraded my PC ( http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y510p/#tab-tech_specs ) from 8.1 to win 10. I fixed all the issues with the high Disck usage (i disabled some services) and so it was running the same as 8.1 (which im not complaining). But then after some time a lot of errors and blue screens appeared and i got sick of them than i clean installed Win 10. Again i had issues with high disck usage that i fixed but when i launched a simple game Binding of Isac  it lagged REALLY hard.  Keep in mind that i was using SLI (i didnt use SLI before). And no, SLI is NOT the cause. So i got mad because i spent some time utilizing for the best performance. So i clean installed once again (this time from the settings) and as last time i fixed everything and it ren better than previous Win 10 but still not as good as before even tho i had SLI enabled. So now im really pissed off about this because i am working to improve performance for about a week now. Things i did:

- disabled some services (SuperFetch, Routing and remote acces, Auto time zone updater, SCardsvr, Remote registry, TCPport sharing service, Windows defender (i have bitdefender free), connected defice platform service) - some i have put to manual but that  shouldnt matter much

- disabled prefetch in regedit

- disabled windows tips and such

- optimized my graphichs cards for best performance

- i tried to do something with paging file but its not making a difference (i have it set to automatic now)

- updated ALL drivers

So i really want to keep Windows 10 if you can help me because im out of ideas. Also i wont buy anything because i dont have money ATM. Keep in mind that i want it to run better than before since i have SLI enabled now.  And if all else fails il go back to Windows 8.1...

More detailed specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/AdubWZ6lyouS5vYdApOkWPw

So im desperate here please help.. :killcomp:  :killcomp:

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 03 April 2016 - 06:40 PM.
Duplicate of this topic deleted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ckemp

ckemp

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

Hi,

If you have done a clean install, make sure that you install all the drivers that originally came with the computer.

You may have a disc, however you could find them online too. 

If you don't have the disc and you can't find them online, I would recommend contacting your manufacturer. 

Before you do it, make sure you have made a recovery disc ;) 

Hope this helps :) 

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:03 PM

I would follow ckemps advice and see how that does,you shouldn't be having too many issues with your system specs so somethings not right if checking your drivers etc doesnt work.

Its possible you just got a bad upgrade and need to redo it.(Clean installs are supposed to give you a better system although i upgraded one of my laptops and its been fine).

You could also test your hard drive just to make sure that its ok

You could use something like Seatools for Windows

http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/seatools/

Let us know how it goes or if you need any further help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users