Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old HTC black screen, won't boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Karzahni

Karzahni

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:59 AM

I decided to try out this old HTC we had lying around to see it it was better than my Samsung Galaxy Young. The charger is missing, but the Samsung one fitted and fully charged the HTC.

tried turning it on, and got the Telstra Next G screen for a few seconds followed by a black screen that would not leave. I have tried removing and replacing the battery, adding a SIM card and factory reset using volume down and power, but they all result in the same.

This phone would have worked when it was last used, so I don't see why a few years of storage would cause it to brick like this, or are phones not as durable as PCs?

HTC Desire S

(The specs are about equal to my Samsung, but with an older version of Android that would hopefully be faster, I was curious to see how it compared)

"A lizard in the desert wouldn't eat that." ~Gordon Ramsay

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users