Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Edge browser

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:05 AM

If this is posted in the wrong place, please move to the appropriate forum.

Some questions concerning MS Edge;

1. When will MSE be able to "remember" where I place the browser window when I close it? I don't like for the browser to be in Full Screen, so I run them in a smaller window. My other browsers, IE11 and Chrome, remember the placement of the window but MSE doesn't. This browser has been out for a year now (including Betas) and you would think this wouldn't be a problem. Or, just maybe, I've missed a Setting. Anyway, any help welcome.

2. When is MSE expected to be able to support extensions? I would like to be able to run Web Of Trust. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

I won't use Edge until it supports something like the Adblock Plus extension.  Edge has other problems as well.  When I can use IE, Chrome, and Firefox, I don't know why I'd want to use Edge.  If MS wants to compete with Chrome (as I've read), they should make something that's competitive.  Thank goodness we don't HAVE to use Edge!

By the way, the acronym MSE has always been used to mean Microsoft Security Essentials in the past.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users