Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

deleting local settings\temp files, Ccleaner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dave1969

dave1969

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:00 PM

I hate to ask such a basic question here but I couldn't find an answer in your tutorials. I was running CCleaner and it said I had 467MB of files to be removed but when I ran it it only removed about 12MB. I looked at the file details and most of them are in documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp. CCleaner just calls them system-temporary files until I look at details. Since these are hidden files is CCleaner not deleting them because it is unsafe to do so or does it have a problem? Can I safely delete another way or do they even need to be deleted? A lot of the files are Internet Explorer files. I run CCleaner a lot but don't ever remember it deleting such a small fraction of the files it says need to be. thanks as usual

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2016 - 03:11 PM.
Moved from XP to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 countryboy123

countryboy123

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:03 PM

Dave, if you have administrator rights, don't have multiple accounts on the computer, and have unchecked the." wait 24 hours to delete", under the options/ advanced tab, I would go to the Ccleaner forum. If you click on the the "Pear" in the upper right corner of the program It should take you to the main site and can look for the forum their.

Its probably one of the "ifs"' but the Ccleaner forum would be a better resource if I am wrong.  I apologize for not going into alot of detail, but I am new here and I am not sure how much I can help. I hope this gets you in the right direction if not fixes the problem.

Good Luck.

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Yes it often has more files in the analysis than it cleans..(wonder how many people even noticed that:-)

Discusions here,not even the mod on their forum seemed sure.Partly because it only cleans the last ten days of files i should think.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=8213

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=35723

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users