Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i am having a problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 loyer

loyer

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

okay so i am having problems with my lcd monitor all of a sudden it shows transparent traces of past sites i have been to i believe they are ghost images i have had this monitor for since November 2015 i am wondering if there is anything i can do about it i changed my vga cables but it still happens is there anyway i can tell if its my monitor of not

its a LG 22MC57HQ-P Glossy Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 loyer

loyer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:11 PM

can anyone help me?

#3 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

Try it on another Computer and see if the problem persists.

If it does , then seeing as the monitor is only 6 mths old return it to purchase point and replace it { warranty }.

If it works fine on the other PC , then it is not the Monitor , and maybe the current systems video card or other issue. 

In the meantime , download Speccy  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/  and post the results so others can assist you further if needed , and advise solutions.

Edited by Havachat, 01 April 2016 - 07:29 PM.

#4 loyer

loyer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

Try it on another Computer and see if the problem persists.

If it does , then seeing as the monitor is only 6 mths old return it to purchase point and replace it { warranty }.

If it works fine on the other PC , then it is not the Monitor , and maybe the current systems video card or other issue. 

In the meantime , download Speccy  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/  and post the results so others can assist you further if needed , and advise solutions.

here are the speccy results http://postimg.org/image/eecqttdu9/

also should i try using hdmi

Edited by loyer, 06 April 2016 - 10:17 PM.

#5 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:08 AM

You could try HDMI , but as i stated earlier try it on another PC and see what the outcome is.{ to rule out the PC }

Or if you can use HDMI - plug it in to a late Model TV and see what shows.

Its trial and error to come to any conclusion.

Ensure all drivers are up to date / Reseat Video Card / Try Onboard Video if available.

#6 loyer

loyer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:01 PM

sorry for the long delay 

yes i have tried it on different computer the monitor still gives problems

also i cant install drivers on this monitor

i bought a replacement of the exact same monitor and the replacement is ghosting worse and i called and got it replaced twice because the replacement is still under warranty all those are ghosting worse 

and i tried hdmi it didnt fix anything are the settings bad?

Edited by loyer, 19 April 2016 - 11:04 PM.

#7 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,136 posts
  •  

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:21 AM

1/ Did you try that PC direct to a Compatible working TV and if that works you can rule out the PC.

2/ Or borrow a working Monitor that you know that works fine.

3/ Or another spare video card to rule that out also.

4/ Lastly Uninstall all Video Drivers for the GPU and install the Latest available.

The monitor drivers shouldnt really be an issue in this case , Windows can just load Defaults to suit in the interim.

Overall i think you may have multiple issues and confliction , perform the 4 steps above and post back.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge maybe able to assist you , im lost for answers to help further.

#8 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

If the problem still persists after a new monitor, then the video GPU is bad.  Whether a plug in card or part of the MOBO, the "ghosting" an artifact of the video memory not getting completely erased before a new screen is drawn.  This could be easy replacement if it's a plug in video card, or, the video is part of the system board and needs to be replaced, hard. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users