Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU Upgrade Recomendations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 superking75

superking75

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

I own a HP envy 700-414 

It runs windows 10

core i5-4570 possessor/ graphics (Intel HD Graphics 4600)

12Gb of ddr3 ram

Hewlett-Packard 2AF7

1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER164 (SATA)  HDD

The out of the box 460w psu

I got it as a Christmas present and I would like to upgrade it to play games at a decent level, Mainly things like war thunder, WOT, and i might try CS-GO. I don't need super great , but at the moment i get maybe 20 FPS at low/medium settings.

My main question is for $200-$300 do you think would be my best bet for a GPU? And is it possible that my CPU will bottleneck the GPU? I have been thinking about other small upgrades but that is not for this post. 

By the way i do plan on doing research of course i just would like to get an idea before diving right in.

Thanks guys in advance,

SuperKing75

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 diggi

diggi

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

Get an R9 390 they go on sale regularly for $300, cpu should be fine

C this vid