Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Widow Ultimate 2013 randomly spams "btgah 093"

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TheCrazy8th

TheCrazy8th

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

Alright so I have been attempting to get this issue fixed all day and a few weeks back as well with absolutely no luck and no response from Razer either. Go figure... Razer not knowing how to fix their own gears issues...

Anyway, this is the issue: 

I have a Black Widow Ultimate 2013 mech keyboard. Recently ran into the issue of as soon as a single key is pressed it spams these keys in this order constantly until the keyboard is unplugged. "btgah 093" 
I have cleaned it out of course. I have used old and new drivers. Nothing so far. Razer Syn detects the keyboard as it should and no issues there. I have even deleted the drivers and Razer Syn and attempted to use the keyboard... No luck. Now I recently pulled this keyboard out (because this issue started a while back) and plugged it in to check up on it. It was working without a single issue for about a week. Then, after leaving the keyboard plugged into my PC overnight while the PC was locked, it did this again. I can't figure out what in the hell could possible be causing this. I have tested it on two PCs and a laptop so far. All of which worked last week but no longer do now. 

I can't even figure out what could have caused this little issue either. Nothing changed from the night it was plugged in to the day this started. 

So I figure maybe you guys could help out on this. I am usually just reading things from here, as you can see this is like my first post, to fix my own issues. But this time I can't find anyone having a very similar issue to this as I am. The few I did find that spammed random keys only did it some of the time and deleting the drivers/removing Razer Syn did the trick for them. Not the case for me. Hopefully someone knows a little more about keyboard than I do because I am at a loss at this point. 

Thanks in advance. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:47 PM

Have you seen this? Razer Black widow Ultimate Keyboard Space Key Issue - YouTube......your keyboard because eventually it'll develop something called Btgah.093 syndrome, what then happens ...

QUOTE: The space and right alt key get stuck to each other. For a $130 keyboard it has pretty poor quality... I only got this keyboard less then a month ago.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 TheCrazy8th

TheCrazy8th
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:00 PM

Alright I have seen this before and I am not understanding two things out of this. 

1.) How does this relate to me? My spacebar and Alt keys do not get stuck, I did just check, and no other keys are getting stuck when pressed together from what I have seen. 

2.) How does this translate into btgah.903 syndrome?

Also, suggestions, if this is the cause somehow, on how to fix it?

This is rather confusing. I have never had so much issues with a damn keyboard before lol.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

I stopped the video as it began to explain how to fix it. Suggest you go back and watch...it may of just jumped to another

video...I really wasn't paying that close of attention after I saw it was all about the same problem you have....

FIX for Razer Blackwidow Ultimate spacebar key jammed or stuck problem - YouTube

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 TheCrazy8th

TheCrazy8th
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:29 PM

Yeah see this isn't the issue I am having though. I am not seeing where you found the "btgah.093" syndrome but either. Because that is what I am having issues with. the keyboard itself isn't getting stuck anywhere, that is one of the first things I thought of to check, and neither of the videos you linked (both were different) said anything about the btgah syndrome either. So I am curious to see where you got that quote from.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:44 PM

When I searched using btgah.093 I saw the result for the Youtube video and the text. As it turns out the text is part of a comment

on the video.

QUOTE: The razor black has got to be one of the worst keyboards you can ever buy, when you first buy it, it ll work ok but in a several months(maybe even after you buy it, its a software malfunction.) you'll have to end up replacing your keyboard because eventually it'll develop something called Btgah.093 syndrome, what then happens is your black widow keyboard will spam btgah non stop and the only way to stop it is to smash your head on your keyboard literally, but itll come back within a few minutes, I just got tired of it, I actually just unplugged my black widow and now using the keyboard i used before i "upgraded" to a black widow.

The Google search result:  (which is a bit misleading...fooled me)

Razer Black widow Ultimate Keyboard Space Key Issue ...
24, 2011 - Uploaded by pw1388
... your keyboard because eventually it'll develop something called Btgah.093 syndrome, what then happens ...

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:51 PM

I saw this 2 star review at Amazon....It may or may not be for real. Either way....good for a laugh.

QUOTE:

This review is from: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition Elite Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Personal Computers)
The keyboard worked fine for the first month. And I guess the reason I dont like it is because I made the mistake myself. But I spilled some soda on, in, and around the space bar. I then became a victim of btgah.093 syndrome. I dont understand why they dont make a keyboard that works even after you spill a LITTLE bit of liquid on it. I would recommend this item to a friend but keep away ALL beverages. Never drink when this thing is near you.

Ever spill any sticky stuff on your keyboard? :whistle:

Edited by buddy215, 31 March 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#8 TheCrazy8th

TheCrazy8th
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:06 PM

Okay so the little "G" light symbol is now on for the BW and I can typer everything but "btgah.093" Like seriously it works perfect other than those few keys. What in the literal bleep Razer? How does this even happen? I give up. I am killing this bleep with fire the very second I get the chance lol. For the love of god... 

But no I haven't even spilled anything on it yet... So I don't even have that excuse.  :blink:

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,254 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

Sounds like a plan....

When I did a search for that....there were a lot of users looking for a solution....so, at least you're not alone.

I didn't look at all of the links...I bet you have, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users